Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
I believe the majority of shooters will find the Pro Chrono will suit all their needs.

Not exactly, but close. The only significant defect of the ProChrono is that it has to be set up 10-15 feet in front of the bench, which can be hassle at public ranges, especially on weekends when many people shoot. Which is why the Magnetospeed and LabRadar have become so popular:

But if that's not a problem, a ProChrono sure works--which is why one is always in my range equipment, whether to use as a primary or backup.

That's what I have now, and I like it a lot. It seems pretty reliable, and has done well with everything I've shot across it. I worry at times that the readings are not accurate, but I may just be worrying over nothing.

I don't shoot at public ranges anymore, and one of the reasons is the chronograph use. Another reason was all the accidents and injuries. Nothing like showing up at the range and seeing a big splotch of blood next to one of the benches. Every time I went. I took my oldest brother to a range for his first time, and he was hit by a steel-core ricochet in the scalp, which split it pretty good. He bled like a stuck pig. That was the last time I went to a range.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.