Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Marinehawk,

Apparently you've missed the posts, both from me and others, about how the Magnetospeed doesn't have to be attached to the barrel. And the cost of the solutions added to the MS still adds up to a lot less money spent than on a Labradar, especially when factoring in battery life or a rechargeable pack. A MS will run for a year or more on one battery.

My LabRadar "caught" ZERO 6mm A-Tips--while it was registering several other bullets. Tried tweaking the angle, and it still never caught any--while shooting up too many rounds that cost around $1 apiece--handloaded. Luckily had my $100 ProChrono along, so was able to obtain the data with it.

As I noted earlier, if the LabRadar folks ever solve those sorts of problems I'll but another. But even aside from the initial price, it cost me too much time and money.

No I read everything. Just giving my perspective. I haven't used it on rifle bullets smaller than 6.5mm. So, I didn't, and have, no comment on that. I didn't completely understand your setup with the front rest, but I'm sure it works well. I just have a 6"-9" bipod on mine when at the range and rest the rear in a bag that I move forward or rearward to get the correct elevation. I don't mind putting in six new AA batteries every range session or two. It's less $ than a single round of the ammo I shoot. Just my preference. I don't like having to set up the MS on different contour barrels, and it won't work at all on my DW Bruin or G40 or most of my handguns at all, unless I'm missing something. My brother has the PC and MS now.