I initially had trouble triggering my LR, and mistakenly thought it was not picking up the bullet. But the problem turned out I had it too far from the muzzle and not centered with the muzzle. Once I figured that part out aiming the the thing is easy. I originally taped a straw in the v-notch and all that, but soon figured out there was no need.

I had hoped to set the LR between tables and alternately record my son's shots and mine, but with the unit centered between tables apparently the rifles are not close enough. I've never had somebody else's rifle at an adjacent table trigger my unit.

My LR picks up shots from my 223 and 22-250,, but they are not "severe" boat tails.

Once I got the LR figured out, I ran simultaneously with my M35 for several range sessions with multiple rifles each time. Adjusting the M35 velocities for distance from muzzle, recorded velocities were within single digits most of the time, and out of almost 200 shots I had two that were 30-40fps different. Years ago I tested my M35 against a friend's M35 and had basically the same results.

The LR is the sixth chrono I've owned since the early 80's, and it's my fav so far. I still consider the M35 the gold standard, and will probably keep it.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.