Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
I don't shoot at public ranges anymore, and one of the reasons is the chronograph use. Another reason was all the accidents and injuries. Nothing like showing up at the range and seeing a big splotch of blood next to one of the benches. Every time I went. I took my oldest brother to a range for his first time, and he was hit by a steel-core ricochet in the scalp, which split it pretty good. He bled like a stuck pig. That was the last time I went to a range.

Thank you for your well-wishes, Steve!

He recovered physically, but he was scarred by the experience (I was too). He hasn't been to a range since then, either. That was about a decade ago. He lives in an area that doesn't have any other options for shooting without a lot of travel. He's recently been convinced to join a private range, since he has a co-worker who belongs to one, and thus an "in". With all the unrest going on down here in the US, and particularly where he lives, he recently got a CC license, a handgun, and a PCC.

Thread hijack over.

You're welcome. Can't say as I blame your brother at all for staying away. Scares like that can affect you more than most people know or understand. I hope he joins that new club and works through everything.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]