MarineHawk,

"The MS says something like that the bullet's outer diameter should be passing 1/4" to 1/8" of the MS surface. Is that the case with the new setup? If so, I'm just curious how it would change the POI less than being mounted to the barrel?"

Why would passing close to the MagnetSpeed's "bayonet" (or anything else) change the POI of a bullet?

When mounted on the barrel a MagnetoSpeed can change both POI and accuracy because it changes the vibrations of the barrel, sometimes drastically. The only rifles I've encountered where it didn't were heavy-barreled rifles, usually chambered for relatively mild cartridges--but it changed POI an inch at 100 yards even with a Ruger No. 1B (medium-contour barrel) chambered in .22 Hornet. With sporter weight bolt actions I've seen barrel mounted MagnetoSpeeds change 100-yard POI up to three inches, and also make groups open up to 2-3 inches--with rifles that averaged well under an inch with the same load.

As I have noted elsewhere, I really liked my LabRadar at first, and never had any trouble getting it aligned. Used on around trips to the range before its limitations eventually convinced me that it wasn't ideal for my purposes. I suspected that would be the case, but had to try one because of what I do for a living. but the limitations turned out to be somewhat greater than the MS instructions claimed.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck