Having just purchased 2 Savage Axis rifles for my granddaughters (and a Ruger Ranch for myself) in 350 Legend, I stumbled upon this forum. Looks like some good info in the thread.
Glad I caught all the info on which dies to avoid as I set up to load for these guns.
I would like to relay an experience from a fellow member at my gun club. He purchased a Rifle in 350 Legend from Winchester. The best the gun will shot is about 5 inch groups at 100 yd with factory ammo.
He then tried loading several 9mm pistol bullets. Still no improvement. He then tried .357 caliber bullets. Those rounds would not fit in the chamber.
He sent the gun back to Winchester. Winchester returned the gun with a note stating that the gun was "within spec".
He then took it to a gunsmith to check it out as far as scope mounting, scope integrity etc. The gunsmith then decided to slug the barrel. He discovered that the groove diameter on the rifle was .357.
At this point, it may be good news for this particular gentleman as he could have the gunsmith get a reamer for the 350 AR round and be able to use 357 cal bullets.
Kinda sucks that you spend all that money for a gun that then you have to go to a gunsmith just to get it shoot as originally designed.
As far as shooting a 358 diameter bullet, I'm going to try a few. Just have to start a bit lower on the powder charge.
Back when the 357 Maximum came out, I used a load for silhouette competition with a 200 gr RN in .358 diameter out of a TC Contender with excellent accuracy for 200 M Rams.
I'll post results when I get this wrung out at the range

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin