Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
For those who think the Cdn govt has it in for US citizens, why would you think that?

The decision to restrict movement of people back and forth might have officially been okayed by a politician, but the evidence comes from doctors. Don't think for a minute that Trudeau decided this on his own. He has trouble tying his shoes. He uses velcro.

Personally, I have no problem with "being too safe". But my opinion wasn't solicited either.

This data is from yesterday.

The Cdn cases on the left are the actual number of persons who had or presently have COVID-19. 90% of that number have already recovered. The x10 number to the right is for anyone who might say, but Canada's population is 10% of the US. So I multiplied by 10.

Cdn Cases
139K - Raw nos. Canada has 2% of the sickness rate of the US - x10 = 1.39M (adjusted - approx. 5 times fewer cases than the US)

Deaths
9,188 - Canada has less than 5% of the deaths - x 10 = 91,880 Raw nos. (adjusted - Canada has experienced less than half of the deaths)
--

US Cases
6.61M

Deaths

https://health-infobase.canada.ca/covid-19/international/

That ^ is true only if you believe the official numbers. Some very credible sources put the actual covid deaths in the US at 6% of the official numbers you cite. Right from the beginning it was apparent that this mess was ripe for inflated numbers. Hospitals in the US were getting something like 13k for every single covid patient that walked in the door. The price went up if they actually had to do anything.

My opinion wasn't solicited either, but its pretty hard to deny the real numbers that are coming out now. The average age of those who have actually died from covid is 79. Last time I looked at the stats of my home state of California there had been something like 9000 deaths..... out of roughly 40 million people. ( Canada has about 37 million so the numbers are close) Break it all down and you have a much greater chance of getting killed on your way to work than you do from covid.

I dont know about the CND government having it "in" for Americans, but I can tell you this first hand, American travellers have been treated like dirt by Yukon and BC residents. Its made the papers here. Ive been staying at one of the few "designated" hotels right here in Whitehorse for work the last few weeks where Americans are "allowed" to overnight on their way through the Territory. Ive seen it more than once myself. Makes you wonder if those people or anyone they talk to will ever want to come back, to hunt, fish or anything else. I wouldn't.

We've "played it safe" long enough. Lets get back to business while we still have a chance to dig ourselves out of the hole we are in. If you're worried about getting sick, stay home.