Originally Posted by BC30cal
Lorne;
Good evening to you sir, I hope the day was a good one for you and this finds you well.

If you're in touch with your grandson, let him know there's lots of folks here in BC wishing them well in their endeavors for sure.

We're within a half hour of the US border here and know or better said knew a few folks in the forest fire fighting business. Whenever possible they'll go stateside and help out if asked to do so.

It's my understanding the Canuck crews are typically quite good at what they do, which makes sense as they've had a metric ton of interface fire practice here in BC in the last few years.

Anyways, for a lot of us rural mountain and bush dwellers, the fire fighters have a special spot in our prayers.

All the best to you all this fall sir.

Dwayne

Dwayne

Always good to hear from you. Hopeful that the world is treating you and yours well.

Every day is a good one , today I had the pleasure of helping my brother move some cattle after work. I find myself enjoying that type of thing more all the time although I have to be a little more careful as my reflexes are slower each year 😉

Will be happy to do so , he is going to let me know where in Oregon their destination is later this evening.

We too are within 25 miles, as the crow flies, from the Montana border and have much in common with our neighbors across the 49th. This dry prairie country has limited brush but , when the occasion arises, the firefighters are quite welcome 👍 sight.

Thanks again for the thoughts

All the best to you and yours this fall season

Lorne

Last edited by Lorne; 09/16/20.