Originally Posted by greydog
When one motorcycle accident victim is listed as having died of Covid, I immediately have to question all stats. When one terminal cancer patient is listed as having died of covid, I have more reason to distrust the stats. The truth is this; we are being fed information which is supportive of a given narrative. We are not given pure facts. We should be told where cases are and the circumstances of transmission. Instead, we are just told to be afraid and wear a mask. In rural BC, most small towns have not and will not see a case of covid-19. Members of these communities could get together for a group hug (though there are few neighbours I would care to hug) and the chance of Covid transmission is zero. Yet government reps want us to wear our masks. Here, we could include the residents of Eureka, Montana in that hug and the effect would probably be the same. The takeaway is, if you do not have covid and your friends and family don't have covid, you don't have to wear a mask, avoid contact, or stand six feet apart.
Our government spokespeople have carefully tried to avoid telling us where cases are, where they originated, or what the circumstances of transmission might have been.
A significant number of covid deaths, in BC, have been in long term care facilities, in the lower mainland. The victims have been older than typical life expectancy. Since these facilities have not been allowing visitors, the conclusion has to be that the virus was brought into the facilities by employees.
Dr. Faucci is on record saying, the wearing of masks is probably of no value. Later, it almost seemed as if he was pressured into saying it was OK to wear a mask and this became the mandatory mask requirements we are seeing in some areas today.
It seems slightly strange that both Canada and the US are disallowing travel across the border, on land but flying in is OK. So, it seems that two people, isolated in a car, are likely to be a threat but the same two people, after wandering through a crowded airport then spending a couple hours on a flying incubator, are just fine. A Canadian who flies to the US will have to self-quarantine when they return. However, the passengers from elsewhere have no such requirement. I would guess that the necessity for supporting the airline industry trumps any health concerns. If they can't make enough money from passengers, governments will just throw them a few million; we can pay for that later. The point is, there is an awful lot of BS being shoveled. Special interests are being looked after while the rest of us pay. GD

WELL said, VERY well said.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5