The TSX produced inconsistent results and I quit using them.

The TTSX has been 100% reliable and produced DRT results on every deer or pig so far. Shot placement is either the forward point of the shoulder or high shoulder. Meat loss is minimal.

The only exception was an intentional shot to the high lungs with a 100 gr TTSX from a .260 to simulate what would happen with kids I take making a bad shot. That buck ran 30 - 40 yards, which is what I expected.

Deer shot in the heart or lungs are just going to run most of the time until their oxygen is expended. Where I hunt most of the time is very heavy thorn brush with plenty of rattlesnakes. So dropping an animal where it stands reduces the chances of a run in with the Texas earth worms.

My absolute favorite shot placement is a deer quartering towards me, come down 1/3 from the top, aim for the forward edge of the shoulder, exit behind the offside leg. They drop where they stand, and there is zero meat loss.

The TTSX work consistently and extremely well with that placement.

Most shots now are with a .308 Win and a 130 TTSX, though occasionally use a .260 with a 100 TTSX.

A nephew used the 80 TTSX from a .243 on a pig, which is the only Barnes which did not exit. So, it seems a bit light. Sold the .243 and now a single .260 is the light gun for young hunters. I thoroughly tested it on pigs, which are much tougher than all but our largest, most mature bucks. Every other rifle now is a .308 of some description. I really hate tracking animals in the brush.

In every rifle, 3080 - 3100 produces an excellent accuracy node with TTSX’s, even if the bullet can be run much faster. 0.010” of jump is my standard setup.