I love Mausers! I have a VZ-24, a G33/40, a short ring Mexican Mauser which are all still in the project stage. The one pictured is a 1909 Argentine 98, in .270 Win., built by Jim Coffin in Albany, OR. It sports a 24" Krieger barrel, Gentry 3 position safety, Biesen one piece bottom metal, butt plate and grip cap, rust blue and oil rubbed stock. Jim did the stockwork. He was going to build two others, but sadly came down with terminal cancer and passed away.

I used the rifle shortly after I got it to take a nice muley in Colorado. After Jim passed away, I couldn't bring myself to take it out in the mountains and give it "character" so it took up residence in my safe. Jim always said, "Life is too short to hunt with an ugly gun." So this year I planned to dust it off on an Antelope in Wyoming. Unfortunately, I did not draw this year, so it looks like I'll have to wait until next season.

Here area few pictures...if I can get them to load. Good to see other Mauser fans enjoying their rifles too!

Attached Images
Coffin Rifle1.jpg (2.32 KB, 1009 downloads)
Mauser1.jpg (7 KB, 1001 downloads)
Mauser5.jpg (6.69 KB, 984 downloads)
Mauser2.jpg (6.04 KB, 973 downloads)