This “campfire special” has been in the works for a long, long time. At least 9 years. Can’t wait to take her out into the woods.

LR98 chambered you 6.5x55 Swede. Haven’t even gotten a 3-shot group on paper yet.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Boyd’s JRS Classic in upgraded French walnut purchased semi-inlet for my first-ever custom along with the “meh” anodized aluminum bottom metal from Brownells with the pronghorn molded into it. MJBGALT sold me the action a long time ago, Boatboy sold me the 1.5-6x Sightron, JKob sold me the Wisner safety, and I can’t remember who sold me the Apex Rifle Company take-off tube.

The real mastery, which will come as no surprise to those who’ve been here long enough to remember him, was the stock work by Karnis who put it on a serious diet, refined the shape w/ grip scallops, added the ebony end cap and red decelerator. Grasshopper, another long time contributor here, referred me to the gent in Central Michigan who did an outstanding job on the the wrap-around checkering.

Bold trigger, jeweled bolt by Skip Baldwin, and parkerizing done by a client of mine.

Hoping to get a super mild load of IMR-4895 under a 123 GR SST or AM shooting lights out for deer this fall.

There just is nothing better than being hypnotized by a gorgeous stock in my lap as I breathe in the fall air waiting for da turdy point buck to show himself!