Duane,
It is great to talk with another of the mauser appreciation brotherhood. I really liked the rifle but he needed it. I have any number of rifles that fulfill the role of that rifle.
The rifle that I sold him didn't look like it had been used. I had checked it for cracks and couldn't see anything.

I have any number of rifles- Whitworth Mausers, Pre-64 Winchester Model 70s and 71s- that I prefer but he needed a gun that would work for him and his wife. Their nearest neighbors live 150 air miles away. He has two kids that are youngsters and wanted a stopper that would work for his whole family. We both felt confident that the rifle would work for him.

It had a very good trigger and he felt that it would work for all of his needs.

I have more rifles than friends and while I sold it for what I paid for it. I gave it an active life and a role in a family that is living the old traditional way. I don't think that there is a better thing you can do for a gun like that. I certainly liked the rifle but knowing that it will be guiding and used the right way by the right traditional family gives me a great satisfaction. I can go out and search for another 640 or work on its older small ring brother.

I hope you have a great weekend.

Thomas