It's not your size. Some of that actually works against you. If you are heavy, "jabby" rifles come through you before they can move you out of the way where they just push a lighter person back with less "hurt." Some is good form. Some is something intangible ... something we're born with some of and maybe can train a bit more of, but ultimately we're a bit the "victim" of our genetics. Where big helps, if you are strong, too, is lugging some heavy SOB rifle around all day, not shooting it.

I'm 5'9", 200 pounds. Recoil bugs me. I CAN shoot big stuff but it hurts some. From a bench I do .. well, I'm very functional. I can technique it well enough my flinch simply does not matter. I put 80 rounds though my .375 in about 2 hours a couple weeks ago and was shooting sub MOA groups, some closing in on half MOA .. but it was from a bench with a good rest, one that overcomes my flinch. If I were to shoot it offhand ... you'd laugh your ass off at me. I do! I flinch shooting offhand with a .22. No matter, I learn how to cheat recoil, to get the results I want in spite of it ... that's part of the game for me.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...