Originally Posted by Calvin
It’s a big issue up here in Alaska.

Big spike in cases which coincidentally started with our data being turned over to CDC for mining, but yes - people are tired of the BS lockdowns, are going out more, visiting friends more, and more people are catching it. Happens with all flues. Most people catching it are 20- 50, working age people, and those looking to hookup at bars, etc. Every single death to date here has had 1 to 6 health compromising issues, which Covid may have (probably) compounded into death. As would any flu.

Compromised health? - take sensible precautions!

Still a less than 1% chance of dying from it, wide perspective. Slightly larger % will have some permanent health concerns from it, if the "news" is to be believed. Nowhere have I seen a comparison of the latter with other flues. Which I would guess is not much different.

It's the fuggin flu!!

It will diminish if not outright end when enough people have caught it, and there are far fewer targets for it to infect. At this rate, probably in the spring. Just like all flues.

Don't lick doorknobs, gas pump handles, etc, etc, etc....... smile until the vaccine comes out - which I won't take.

It IS a PITA - we are going to MT next week, and Hawaii around X-mas. Took me over an hour (not-good computer skills) to just register on-line (the only way one can) to get a test next week. Should be faster in December, as we now have "accounts".

Last edited by las; 11/07/20.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.