Maybe there’s some confusion.

Yes, I will take it OFF-PAVEMENT, but I don’t intend it for true ‘off-road’ use. I have a Rhino, an FZJ80, and a 1st gen Tundra. The Tundra or the Landcruiser would go, and one would stay....depending.

No, I can’t and won’t rent a truck....they can’t be rented anywhere nearby that suits my needs, nor do I want to plan ahead because I ‘might’ need it, or all the HUGE PITA issues I can think of with the logistics of not having THE truck on hand, when needed. Heck, I wouldn’t normally rent a boat, either. I generally keep a few on hand and have plenty to borrow, if I have a different need.....but they’re seasonal/use specific, and I don’t drive them as much as even my tractor most times.

I’m trying to learn what I might need TO OWN in a 3/4-1T, towing 4x4, that won’t restrict whatever I might need to tow, when I need to tow it, or where I need to haul it to. Now, what is possibly debatable is true ‘need’ for a diesel over a gas, when I’m only towing heavy on occasion.....the extra grunt would be nice, but it might be more pain than it’s worth, and gas burners are likely cheaper to own and maintain right now.....at least in the emissions diesels.

Thanks again.

Last edited by hh4whiskey; 11/10/20.