Hh4,
I hope you keep the landcruiser. An fzj80 is an excellent hunting rig. I've owned 3 80s: a fully locked fzj80, lx 450, and a right hand drive HD-j 81 imported from Japan.

In all cases, with a mild lift, the cavernous wheel wells swallowed 35s. The full floating rear axles were tough against heavy loads of firewood. The disc breaks whole way around, were a joy to work on.

The head gasket job on one was straight forward, but took me at least 40 hours and well over $4000 in machine work on the head and oem parts.

I converted one to a four door with little Ute bed in the back. To keep the smells of fish coolers and meat out of the cab. The nice seats and coil suspension was easy on the back doing the 3 hour runs to klutina lake on the trail.

The low end torque of the big 1fz-fe is superb. The 80 was Toyota's finest, a tundra will never compare.

Likewise, you get into a used one ton dodge, ford or chevy, that tundra will never do safely, what a big American truck can do. The diesels do better setting than gas. Diesel fuel isn't as hard on injectors or seals as gas when they sit stored. Good luck man.