Idaho Shooter posted:

............."Look at a grassy lawn and believe it to be green? Not a choice Believe it to be red. Still not a choice
Believe that 2X6 does not equal 6X2? Not a choice.
Read that bible and believe Christ was born of a virgin? not a choice
believe that Noah gathered 2 or 7 of every species extant upon the Earth and stuffed them into a tiny boat and fed them for weeks upon end? Not a choice
believe that the face of the Earth was submerged under water about 4000 years ago? Not a choice
believe the human body is inhabited by some ethereal soul? not a choice...."

Sure those things you mentioned are choices. You simply looked and evaluated and decided not to believe.... you did indeed choose.

There is other evidence out there. We are in a world.... we look around and see the world, the stars..... the life, I look at this and see evidence pointing to a higher power, a power that I do not fully understand and conclude that there is a Creator.

I marvel and wonder about my "conscience" and why it interacts with my mind..... hard to understand for sure... but I ponder and conclude that this Creator I have come to acknowledge is placed something within me that I must deal with.... I must pursue this "conscience" thing and develop a conclusion. I conclude that there is a sense of right and wrong and something that does indeed impact my thoughts and beliefs.

Of course, at a young age, the concept of "God" had been introduced to me.....Hmm... the pieces are coming together. I read the Bible and am struck by how well it describes and explains human experience and human reactions to life. Proverbs seems to provide truth and I find the only book on the planet that fully explains human behavior. I see evidence of OT prophecies fulfilled in Jesus and wonder "How can that be?"

Then I simply inquire of God.... are you there?..... is true? The Holy Spirit tells me... deep within me.... YES!

AH! .... I see and now I have evidence.... repeat.... I... me... have evidence and I believe. I CHOSE to believe the evidence.

You look a some "evidence" and choose not to believe. But you are not looking at the entire great mountain of evidence available to you. You "cherry pick" to justify your own unbelief. This in itself is a choice you make.

Last edited by TF49; 11/20/20. Reason: spel

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”