I take USPS ones because I can call and verify it on the phone and cash it right at the PO. See the sticky at the top of classifides. None of it coming back on me a month later like a personal check that was fraud could. I use PayPal a bunch, but the fees rack up and if you use F&F you waive a lot of options if you get screwed over. Plus gun sales are not permitted. That makes it even more certain they will not help you if you get stiffed. Venmo is owned by PayPal, so pretty much the same. I signed up for the Gunbroker Pay to take it on there, but no sales since.

Had a buyer recently send me a money order from a cash advance place. My bank did not even want to take it because it was issued via an international bank. They put a 10 business day hold on it. So his box is still sitting until that is released.

If you need to send money, but don't want to do a mo and are worried about a personal check, do a certified bank check. Most do it for free for account holders. I do tgat for payments to a contact that I buy fixer upper guns from that is 2k miles away.