Originally Posted by MarkFed
Money orders only for me. If you want to use some sort of modern, easy, or convenient way of doing anything at all I am completely against it. Can’t stand when people think things are better just because they are easier or more convenient. If you ask me, these kind of people are simply lazy and don’t understand the value of good old fashioned hard work.

Think about it. It is easy to do anything an easier way these days. But how hard is it to make something more complicated and to take more time to complete than necessary.

If it isn’t complicated, hard, or non enjoyable in some sort of a way then it simply isn’t worth doing at all.

Are you Amish?

Don't have any problem with that. In fact we've had an Amish colony recently start up in my Montana county. They're fine people, and many of us appreciate their life-style. And in fact my paternal grandmother, thought not Amish, was often referred to as somebody who preferred doing things the hard way--including homesteading by herself in central Montana a century ago. But I am not retired, and prefer to spend my "complicated, hard" time on my enjoyable work.

As previously noted I also don't find USPS money orders "hard" in our small community. But also don't find they have any major advantage over any other method of payment, whether old-fashioned checks (or cash) or quicker Internet methods. And apparently you don't object to the "easy" Internet to express your opinions.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck