Originally Posted by Stammster
Here’s my PayPal issues:
1.) They now require a tax ID number, and will start reporting transactions to the IRS over a certain $ amount or number of transactions depending on the state you live in.
2.) PayPal permanently recently froze my account for violating one of their policies. They didn’t state which one. There is no way to find out or protest. Money in the account was seized and supposedly in 180 days they will send me an mail stating how to get it if any is left. All I can suspect is I sold some bullets for reloading on gunbroker and the buyer put Gunbroker - Bullets on the description. PayPal is anti 2A and prohibits transactions for guns, some gun parts, and ammunition. I suspect those working for PayPal in California don’t know the difference between bullets and ammo.

So for me, USPS MO seems a safe alternative. A lot of people I know don’t use personal checks any more, plus I don’t want to have to wait 7 days and confirm the check is ok before shipping. Also I know what a USPS MO looks like. Some other MOs could be easily fabricated on a printer and I would have no idea.

Until my PayPal was suspended, I generally gave most people both options. About 75% used PayPal with a mixture of F&F and regular (+3%), and others chose USPS MO.

You should have cancelled your paypal account before they did that to you. If you don't have a tax id number they want your SS#. As you say they are very anti gun and for that reason alone none of us should be using them. Now the post office is monitoring social media post, most likely this very thread. It's only a matter of time until they start tightening the screws on anything associated with firearms. If I want to buy something it's going to be with a personal check. If that isn't acceptable with the seller I'll move on. If they're close enough to drive to I'll pay cash.