Originally Posted by aalf

I'm easy. (that's what she said)

I almost always state in my ads "PP F&F preferred, cash, check, or postal money order accepted with the appropriate wait".

Pretty much covers all the bases for the buyer.......

This is pretty much where I'm at as well. Never had a problem with personal checks, PayPal or money orders, and have been on the Campfire a long time now.

However, when I put something on the Campfire Classifieds it's because I WANT to sell it. Why make it harder for a potential buyer?

Can kinda understand somebody wanting money orders if they're trying to hide gun buys, etc., from "the wife." But both my wife and I have separate bank accounts, both for our businesses and personal stuff, and she couldn't care less about me buying (or selling) another firearm.

On the other hand, I don't have much problem using USPS money orders if that's what the seller wants. But I live in a small town, and go to the post office every day anyway, both to pick up mail and, quite often, ship stuff. So I go through the drive-in window at our bank (three blocks from our house) and cash a check. Take the cash to the PO (which is way over on the other side of town, maybe 12 blocks) and buy a money order. Sometimes I have to wait in line two minutes, but probably half the time there's nobody ahead of me.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck