Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Question to those on here with kids. Especially minors, or teenagers. I'll kindly request the responses be limited to legit posters, not trolls, and US citizens. I understand the impact our elections have globally, most especially on our good friends north of us. But my question is specific to those of us here south of the Medicine Line.

Have you discussed the potential of a civil war with your kids? The reality of it, the Balkan type scenario as opposed to the clear cut Red Dawn type. What it could entail, what it really means? What life would be like? At what line is civil disobedience appropriate, and at what line (if any) is an armed response apropos?

It's fugking terrifying, but I will say I have.
My youngest son is fifteen and I've spoken with him about it. He's already a big Trump supporter. I told him the other day that I was sorry I hadn't done more to leave him a country more in line with what the founders envisioned. Then again my ancestors failed to keep the Yankees at bay, hence the move of much of the family west out of the South-proper.