Well, yes, to a certain extent but more along theoretical lines. When the question has come up I've told my kids that the issues that may occur will most likely start in the cities and .guv will be too busy trying to contain that and not have the time/resources to be much of a threat out in flyover country. The bigger issue I see coming from all this is the economy crashing and the knock on effects that will have. Whether that would bring on a "civil war" or not is hard to tell. As to the divisiveness between right vs left ie. the balkanization of the country, at least at this point, I don't see it as two major fronts clashing. Because of the size of the country and spread of people and even the provincial attitude from region to region, state to state etc. what ever clashes that would occur are going to be local in nature and dealt with accordingly.

The future for the utes of America is going to be a challenge and having an adaptable mindset is going to be a major tool in the kit. Unfortunately, not a lot of people today have a clue of what the difference between pain and suffering is, or the difference between their needs vs wants.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton