Originally Posted by ribka
Hunting the last few days of Wt deer in N Idaho. Drove up into the mountains where I saw a decent buck a few days ago in a clearcut up top.. Started snowing pretty good in the upper Selkirks. About 2 feet and still coming down hard so decided to head to lower elevations. I took a shorter route through a remote mountain pass. Pretty big pucker factor as did not have the chains along. lol

that why they make 4 low

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I hate it when the ages old ranch roads that are worn down 3 feet below the surrounding prairie in NW Texas and the 1 foot of snow is drifted 2 feet deep in the eroded out road. You can be driving along in 4wd and have your skid plate building up snow under the forward moving truck until it builds up enough to the point the truck is sitting on top of it with all 4 wheels spinning - in then worthless granny low.

When that happens late in the evening you thank God for 3/4 tank of gas, a sleeping bag, Pepper Jack crackers, a can of sardines and a can of Vienna's.

PS. It doesnt matter then Rib, if you have chains or not. You can sit there and party all night and the engine heat wont melt an inch of that packed snow you're sitting on to be able to back out, either.

Its walk out the next day if you dont have cell service too. With out coffee.
Now I have a little single burner stove, gas canister, pot and whole small seals new plastic can of Folgers Columbian.

Last edited by jaguartx; 12/01/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin