Originally Posted by T_Inman
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Goin up ain’t ever the problem. It’s down.

😎

I'm not too sure I agree. It is fairly rare, but I have done this going uphill on mountain roads. The pucker factor gets redlined.
[Linked Image from cbsnews3.cbsistatic.com]

Just gotta stay on it brother...You let off and the circus can begin. Grins

😎

Edit...That’s a solid sheet of ice. I’m speaking of packed ice with snow. Nobody can safely do a steep grade on an ice sheet without serious traction devices and fûck ton of lucky....

Ha! keeping on the gas often works, but not always. I've rolled a UTV with a dog box and 4 lion hounds in it by flooring it uphill, then sliding back down like that bus. I've also floored it when chained up....only to dig down through the packed snow and become high centered. That is a rare situation, but I have done it.

With some unpacked snow on top, you for sure get at least some traction. The road in Ribka's pic has unpacked snow, but something tells me around some of the bends it has been packed down to nothing but solid ice, just like what I was dealing with last Saturday. Several hunters slid into each other that day, because it was essentially like the ice in the bus GIF above, but on a one lane dirt road with a stellar embankment to fall off.

Holy Fook! How’d the hounds do being tumble dried? Hope they came out ok.

I’m not saying this shît is easy, or only special dudes know how to drive in mother nature’s nightmare. The worst is not being prepared for the situation, or not having gear to help mitigate the adventure.

I usually know leaving what I may be getting myself into. Doesn’t change the vapor lock I have had on my o-ring when it happens.

Sometimes you think you can do it....And sometimes you know you got no choice but to try. “Passenger side or drivers side door open to bail” BTDT too.

Love hunting!

😬😎

Last edited by Beaver10; 12/02/20.

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”