I have driven though much worse than pictured in a 1952 Buick. I would chain up when the snow was much over a foot deep though. With the chains, the old boat would plow through a lot of snow. In the late sixties, we lived near Troy, Idaho. I believe it was in the winter of '68 - '69, we got 34" of snow overnight. I and my brother were determined to get into town so we dug out the Buick, chained up, and got ready to go. The driveway was about 100 yards and downhill. There was a good bank on the uphill side so it was easy to know where the road was and this stretch was easily accomplished. When we git to the county road, the car was starting to overheat and I had to open the hood and dig the snow out from in front of the radiator. The snow level was just about even with the top of the hood and it was impossible to see where the road was when sitting in the car so the routine was to wallow ahead of the car, on foot, for a 100 yds or so, to mark the road. Then, I would get in the car, back up twenty feet of so, then hit the wall of snow and plow ahead. When I got to the end of the marked trail, I would back up, clean the snow from the radiator again, then wallow ahead to mark the road again and repeat. It took me a bit over an hour and a half to cover the first mile. At the end of that mile, I reached the turn off to the ski hill which had been plowed earlier and showed only a foot or so of snow. From there on, it was an easy drive to town. This was to be a challenging winter and the old Buick got quite a workout.
Because I traveled a lot and was often alone, I always carried a sleeping bag and some extra clothing along with an axe and shovel. Not surprisingly, it is when I am ill-prepared that I am most likely to have problem. GD