About the only time I had to drive in some serious snow was back when I lived in Nevada. If I wasn't stuck working I would have to go "over the hill" to go from Winnemucca to San Francisco to have Christmas with family. "Over the hill" meant driving Interstate over the Sierras. A couple of times the only vehicles allow to go were four wheel drive with chains on all four wheels. Most of he time it was uneventful, just slow. I had a 69 Ford F100 at that time with a one speed transfer case. That damned truck would go anywhere.
I forget if it was December 75 or 76 but I was cruising along at about 25 MPH all wheels chained up When some idiot in a new Ford LTD came whipping past me like a bat out of hell. I said to myself, "He'll be wrapped around a tree before he goes another quarter mile. Sure enough his car was off the road and wrapped up against a tree. He wasn't hurt so I gave him a lift into Blue Canyon where he could arrange for a tow truck. I asked him how he was allowed to get on the highway without 4x4 and four wheels changed. Seems he had a cabin up one of the side roads and didn't know about the restrictions. He had to get into town for a business meeting. Guess he didn't make it for the meeting. I've always been a bit thankful for the transfer to souther Arizona. The only real snow is on Mt. Lemmon and I usually don't go up there in the winter as I don't ski.
Paul B.

Last edited by PJGunner; 12/02/20.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE