Originally Posted by slumlord
Crown victoria police interceptors

They're especially good looking after the moss starts growing on them, eh?

I keep lumber. Drives my wife nuts when there's a 17" piece of 1x2 laying around. Or a 9" 2x4.

Her: "Why you keeping that junk around"

Me: "so I don't have to cut an 8' one, or worse, drive 15 miles to town and spend money on an overpriced 8' one to cut down to 9" "

Pallets for stacking scheidt on, like cross stacking and drying firewood. And more importantly...........................for constructing chicken Gulags and compost bins.

I like to buy multiple bags of Costco "white bag" chocolate chips. 4 (5?) ingredients and I eat them as they are right out of the bag. Cheaper than a $2 dark chocolate bar too.

The bottom cardboard from frozen and take and bake pizza. Makes a decent target, not far off the size of a center mass on a humanoid figure. I figure BGs don't come with an orange 2" circle on their chest so sometimes I just practice with a blank circle at different yardages.

The wrapping paper they use for packing crap when one moves. basically a newsprint sized sheet. Get stapled over the used target backers at the range, then my smaller (8x11) targets go on that. Nice clean area to see misses off the paper, especially after installing a scope or sighting in a new to me rifle. Last movers were nice to me and left me a whole bundle of them!

String, from straw bales, and I even save the strings from opening bags of chicken feed and such.

Screws, nuts, bolts, washers etc. As someone mentioned, if I need one I don't have to go to town. I do sometimes have to dig through an empty soup can of them to find the right one.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?