Judman, that's gonna turn out a very nice little rifle for the money.

The magic of the 358, is that it isn't reliant on velocity to instantly anchor very large game.

In my world, genetically, the upper Yukon River tributaries produce bigger bodied bull moose than the bulls I've shot in unit 13.

Harder longer winters, more wolves, more tape worm, less browse, deeper snow.

They're also TOUGHER. They do not die as easily and fill the meat cache with more meat. They never have much fat like the unit 13 bulls because they have a harder life.

Anyone who says that bull moose are easy to kill, have not hunted the big bodied ones, or are smoking crack mother fkn cocaine.

My bull this year, took a 350 grain swift 41 caliber bullet at 2100 fps, and came back to 10 minutes later as I walked up on him. Had the bullet exited, he would 've bled out and died.

In the 358 winchester, 275 grain woodleigh bullets downed an even larger bull than this many years ago. They would actually exit a broadside bull, bleeding him out.

The handload was 42 grains of reloader 10 x giving 2200 fps from a 20" barreled savage 99.

I typically don't lung-shoot these big bulls, because they'll end up running into the river or a swamp hole, making field dressing miserable.

The 358 winchester, will send 275 grainers square through the front end of a big bull moose, anchoring them high n dry on the river bank.

Aside from the extended range advantage of the 9.3x62 mauser, within 300 yards, there is no difference in kill power between the two.

Both Jack O'connor and Elmer Keith wrote of the 358 Winchester with the kindest, most thoughtful words.

So too, did Craig Boddington after a shiras moose hunt in a guns and ammo article I read at 20 yrs old, which is why i ended up with one at 21 years of age, my first Alaskan big game rifle.

Arrogant, snobbish fk heads on here like "Brad" will tell you the medium bores are about useless.

The interest in the 358 winchester proves otherwise. There are countless threads started, on over a dozen forums with thousands of positive replies.

Guys like Yukon254, his son, and myself have found the 358 winchester to be flat out lethal and handy, with plenty of range on the biggest of game.

When your 358 is finished, take it hunting anywhere you want, you won't regret it. From 200 grain ttsx blistering out the barrel at 2700 fps in the windy mountains or tundra, to 275 grain woodleighs sailing through big bull moose front quarters along a class lll white water tributary of the Yukon River, the 358 won't disappoint.