Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Because it's been around for so damn long and we've all had one. Kind of like the neighbor girl that makes her rounds..

For YEARS I had no desire to even mess with one. After messing around a bit with the 200+ grain stuff and newer powders I’m a little more excited to hunt and shoot mine.

I've had one since I was 12. I've used every bullet weight conceivable. I even have some old 250gr barnes originals on hand. I just keep them to say I have them and you can't find them anymore. As for heavies, I love the 200gr partition. They sure do work well on deer and elk. Complete pass thrus and drt's. I've never tried the 212's you've been messing with, but I'm sure they are great bullets in the ol 06. I know all of mine have really liked the 200gr partition. For the longest time I believed the 165gr bullet was the perfect bullet weight too. This was written by many gun writers back in the 90's and I tried them and only used them for years. One of my favorite pills was the 165gr SP interlock. Extremely accurate and great on critters. But after switching to the 200 pt, I don't think I'll go back to a 165..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA