Originally Posted by rost495

Ok. 308 Win. 168 Barnes TTSX. Shots around 125 yards or so. Low through heart and leg meat. Pass through. Moose don't realize they are dead. We decide to take another shot. Same distance basically. Enters rear of lungs, exits through shoulder meat and part of scapula. Pass through. Moose still not aware of death. Third shot enters shoulder meat, exits center of neck, pass through bang flop.

Move onward. 338 Win Mag. 250 partition. Pretty slow. Range just under 100 yards. First shot broadside centers both lungs, just at the crease of the leg. Caught a hair of shoulder meat, no bone other than rib. Moose is sick. But moves off a bit. Still standing so lets do it again. This hit is about 5 inches from first, basically same perfect placement. No exit on either shot. In fact neither of the 250s even made it to ding the inside of the ribs on the off side. Guessing they were both in the off side lungs somewhere. Normally I dig but lets just say it was a super long day and even longer night working on getting him back to camp which was complete by about 9am the next morning. I didn't dig.

Don't you think this is comparing oranges to apples? 168 grain .308 Barnes to 250 grain .338 Partition?

I've shot a lot of big game with the 180 grain .308 caliber Partition. Never had a failure or problem. Only recovered one bullet. All 1-shot kills except for one caribou that I flinched on.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.