Originally Posted by goalie
Originally Posted by vabeachman
I get my second shot of the Pfizer covid 19 vaccine on 1-8. I had Covid patient yesterday and was wishing I already was given the second shot. Dying of any flu is not pretty and not an easy way to go. I have seen too much of it.

Little off topic, but, a little advice: look daily at your hospital's covid page. Look at the number of cases. Number recovered. Number NOT needing hospital care, let alone ICU.

I track that [bleep] daily, because if I don't, I forget that I'm seeing the small, unlucky percentage, and I forget that the vast, vast majority of our patients don't even get admitted to the hospital. I start thinking the 50+% death rate of vented covid-19 patients is the norm, when it's far from it.

We get covid-19 emails daily, and it's helped me a lot to look at the data so everything stays in context.

Covid-19 is like getting a Whipple done. Most go great, but if you're in the ICU and only seeing the ones that go bad, well, they go really, REALLY bad......

I had a friend undergo a Whipple and according to the docs it went well. I checked in on him several times in the hospital and even if it went well it looked like absolute hell. 12 yrs later he is still alive, it was some kind of pancreatic cancer. He was given 6 months if he didn't let them do it.