Originally Posted by Godogs57
Our daughter in law is a pharmacist at our local hospital. She has PhD’s in both biology and pharmacy. She knows her stuff, and has no plans on taking the shot. I want to add that she is in no way a tin foil wearing conspiracy theorist about things such as this.

However she does have very strong feelings against this immunization because it entails altering our DNA for it to work. She doesn’t want that, especially since she may bless us with more grandchildren in the future. She explained it to me at a level I vaguely understood, referencing my old classes in genetics, biology and chemistry back in college.

In ten words or less they genetically alter “messenger RNA” and inject that, along with other things, into your bloodstream. That genetically altered mRNA then alters YOUR RNA/DNA to effectively combat covid. Sounds good, straight out of Star Trek right? The kicker is your DNA is altered forever.......you have children later on, their DNA is altered as well from the “original blueprint “ so to speak....and on and on if her children bear children in the future. She doesn’t like that idea at all, adding that we are, effectively, the guinea pigs for this.....we currently have no idea how it will turn out. Heavy stuff indeed and worth thinking about. Of course, I won’t be affected since I’m not making babies anymore, so it’s a moot point with me but not so for others.

If your daughter told you that, she should seek a refund for her PhD. Transcription/translation are one way streets. mRNA is copied from DNA, but the reverse does not occur. mRNA never even enters the nucleus of the cell. That's high school biology.

IT DOES NOT ALTER YOUR GENES!!

Also, viruses infect your cells by injecting them with their mRNA (assuming it's an mRNA virus). Why do people think that an mRNA vaccine alters their genes, but infection leading to "natural immunity" working in the same way does not?