M3Taco: I didn’t realize that Beulah had the culling/ live capture activity done there in 2017. I too have spent a lot of time in that blind overlooking the main waterhole. I have a picture taken in 2015 of 29 Blue Wildebeests along with 9 Gemsbok all wading in that waterhole at the same time. After the bad draught of 2017, that waterhole was almost completely dried up and the bush nearby had lots of skeletons scattered about. I’m surprised Jan never told me about the culling operation- we stay in touch via WhatsApp quite frequently.

I’ve never questioned the accuracy of your depiction of Jan’s operation, I just think we differ on the suitability of Sebra for a first time African hunter. It may not be as good overall for raw numbers of game as it was in 2012 when I first hunted there, but for some species like Kudu, Springbok and Waterbuck, I shot my best trophies ever in 2019. A first timer would have an excellent chance of quality trophies in 2021, since there was almost zero offtake in 2020 due to COVID. I would encourage potential first timers to read my Hunting Reports found on the AR website to get an accurate picture of hunting at Sebra. I’ve done five separate reports for 2012, 2013, 2015, 2017 and 2019, so a reader can get a picture of hunting at Sebra at different times of year and under different conditions.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests