Agree on the travel complications. Covid and the lockdowns have changed a lot of airlines available as well as routing options.

As far as I know, as of today, you can still get to Namibia and Botswana without going thru RSA via Emirates, Ethiopian and Qatar Airways. Still not all daily flights, but several days a week.

Don't know yet what impact if any ol' Beijing Joe's "xenophobic" and "racist" travel restriction on RSA will have on US travelers just transiting over/back thru J'berg and not actually leaving the transit area off the airport.

From what I am gathering for information, most all airports are now offer some sort of rapid Rona test before you check in at the ticket counters for your flight.

I'm still planning on going to Bots (3x) and maybe a late season trip to Nam. I "normally" ask my Doc to give me an Rx for a 90-day supply of doxycycline as a malaria/tick bite fever preventative. I never actually take it because neither place is a malaria area during the dry hunting season. Just have it more "in case" for tick bite fever. This year, I plan to ask him for a 90-day supply of hydroxychloroquine for use as a "malaria" preventative and start taking it the week before I leave and for a week after. Maybe even take a little tube of Ivermectin for my friends' horses.

While things will be more difficult than before, I still think do-able, just have to make a few adjustments.

Last edited by M3taco; 01/26/21.