How under hunting conditions do you distinguish between a feral hog and a so called "Russian boar"

I suspect the origin of most hogs in the USA is not "russian boar" but rather some European country. I think that the term "Russian is suppose to make them seem somehow superior or bigger?

A quick check in SCI shows there is not even a boar from Russia in the top 100 listed! All the biggest hogs are from Iran and Turkey. With most of the remaining from Germany Austria, Poland, spain, etc. Even India and Pakastan have hogs listed ahead of Russia.

I've always been curious about this "Russian hog" term. As if that is some kind of super hog? In California and Texas you can see hogs running in groups which have long thick black hair and a long flat snout. Next to them are white and black spotted hogs, and red and black hogs and hogs of every color and shape. All very likely related in some way over generations of breeding. They are just different looking. It would be impossible to say which is feral and which is "european, Asain, or "Russian" for that matter. I very much doubt there is a single free ranging born in the wild hog in the USA today that is a pure European strain of wild boar. What would be the odds of this pure strain after all this time still breeding with only other pure strain Eurpoean hogs?

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)