Great Map!!

Who is telling a tall tale here though? How do the hogs know there not suppose to be in Oregon? The Oregon DFW is ignoring the truth or California is overstating the distribution.

It seems odd to me that they only go north to the exact line of the border of the state?? I've shot two in the area shown near John Day. One about 500 lbs looking just like a giant farm pig, and the other much more wild looking like a true wild boar. We were actually near Ashwood and Prineville. I shot both on a private ranch which the land owner gave me permission to hunt Elk. He told me to shoot every pig I saw, and I could just leave them lay dead if I wanted to. He also had feral goats and sheep which he told me to shoot everyone of those I see as well. I shot about 5-6 in a couple years of hunting there. Nobody seems to know how these feral hogs and other animals arrived there. There seemed to be hundreds of sheep and goats, we saw them frequently. The hogs we saw were in groups of 4-10 or so and were always on the move. We did see them rooting across a canyon one afternoon. We watched them for while, but there was no way we were gonna waste any time to shoot them with limited time for elk hunting.

I think today I would just as well hunt the hogs rather then the Elk!

Last edited by JJHACK; 07/31/07.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)