These things live in as cold weather as any deer will and have greater survival skills then Deer. I shot one with my Bow in Northern Alberta a few years ago. Everything was frozen solid and the warm temps during the day were only 7 deg F! at night it was way below Zero.

In All of northern Europe the weather is easily as cold as it is in the USA, maybe colder. Yet the hogs thrive and grow. They also live in the tropical heat of Asia and the jungles all around the world.

This is probably one of the most resiliant and weather proof big game animals in the whole world. The Giant forest hog is the biggest species which live in the thickest jungles on earth with the highest rainfall on earth. The world record hogs all come from Iran, one of the driest locations on earth.

I think if they have some escape routes into wilderness or private unhunted areas they will dig in and be difficult to remove!

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)