JJHACK look at my post again. I found some more information on the original site so I linked to it instead.

It's quite possible that hogs actually predate even the "Indians" (missnamed by Europeans)in the Americas. I saw a TV program a year or so ago and have done some reading about it since, evidently the Polynesians were here 5-10 centeries before the natives of Siberia crossed over into North America. They colonised the South American coast and parts of the Amazon but were pushed south by the more numerous newer immigrants to the far south tip of South America, Tierra del Fuego. They found remnent populations there and traced thier language, stories and DNA to Polynesians, futher back to the aboriginal Austrailins, and then furthur back to Africa. It's not too surprising really when you remember that Easter Island is only 800 miles away from Equador.

I found this humorous for two reasons.

First, apparently blacks were here first. I mean seriously those guys crossed the Pacific Ocean in little canoes. Not only that, they traveled between little islands, which they could FIND in the vast ocean, with thier families along, and pigs, in 2000 BC. Amazing talent. shocked

Second, being half Native American myself I think it's hilarious that at one time someone said to my ancestors 'Hey Indians, we were here first, go back where you came from'. wink

The issue is never the issue. The issue is always the revolution.

David Horowitz, Saul Alinsky and every woman I've ever argued with.