Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by smokepole
+! kelk. You just mentioned two of the best HUNTERS who ever posted here, but rarely do any more. One of them being dumped on because he's friends with a guy named BuzzH.

Just shows that this is not a hunting and outdoors forum any more, it's a political forum. And that's just "awesome."

And to say greenhorn is a "private land hunter" is both BS and a joke. Especially considering the sources.

People quit coming here for a host of reasons. Sometimes they tire of crass language. Sometimes they get outted as scammers, or liberals. Sometimes they just get bored and move on. And sometimes they're arrogant, and don't receive the hero worship they think is their due for posting a pic of an awesome trophy.

If a poster doesn't like to participate in the general community up here on the freakshow, and sticks to the topical subforums, you'd have to be pretty damned sensitive to get run off.

You misinterpreted my post. I don't pretend to know why those guys don't post here any more, except that I'm sure it's not because they were "offended" or "run off." Just an observation that the site is diminished when guys like that quit posting. If I had to guess the reason, it's probably because there's not much on here that interests them anymore. But that's just a guess.

Last post on the elk hunting forum was last night. Meanwhile the "Q" thread stays at the top, gets as many posts as all the hunting threads combined. Awesome.

A wise man is frequently humbled.