Any deer I’ve ever killed would still be dead if my rifle had only been capable of 2” groups, maybe 3”. That’s not to say at all that better accuracy isn’t ever needed, and you certainly can’t ignore the satisfaction that comes from making precision ammunition. Longest shot I was ever offered at a deer was 200, maybe a bit more. That’s simply how things go in the places I usually hunt. Given a choice I’ll take okay accuracy with good bullets over tiny groups with poor ones. Newer bullets must really be better because 3-shot groups of around an inch are pretty easy to get. Don’t see any point in wasting barrel life and components scratching for a couple of tenths, not for hunting ammo.

A bit off-topic, but I always get tickled by claims that someone’s cheap .22 will always put crappy bulk ammo in tiny clusters. Maybe the stars align once in a while, and certainly some inexpensive rifles shoot really well, but bulk .22 ammo, even mid-grade, is plagued by flyers that spoil groups from any rifle.

What fresh Hell is this?