Originally Posted by old_willys
Originally Posted by vapodog
I just came from a olace that sells hearing aids.....they range from $3,000 to $7500

The seller installed a middle of the range set of ear pieces and they were wonderful.....extremely high teck and worked like a charm.......but is it worth $5,500?

I know many folks posting here are older folks like me.....(75 years) and I suspect have a lot of info to add to this issue. I also know there's a lot to be learned.....but is the education worth the asking price?

Lets hear it.....what are the issues and reasonable costs?

First time around I went to the Big name company for hearing aids paid $5500 for the set, 4 years later they wanted $6000 to replace them.

Went to Costco got their best set for $1500, for another $99 got an attachment that streams the TV directly to my hearing aids I can listen without wife telling me it's too loud.

Funny thing when I was tested at Costco I mentioned I had been just tested at the "other" place, he smile and asked how was the tech? turns out he had trained that company's last two techs at Costco..

I just remembered another great reason to use Costco, once you are fitted and ready to walk out the door they hand you a card dated 6 months from that day, anytime up to the 6 months you can return your hearing aids with a full refund no questions asked.

Ted