Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
We got a speaker bar that sits in front of the TV. It's about 3' long and has very good sound. I can hear the sound other than voices fine. I just can't make out what they're saying. There's plenty of volume but no clarity.

That is why you need hearing aids so software can increase the hearing of the high frequency that you more than likely lost.If I am watching TV and take my aids out,it sounds like some one turned up the base.I can hear the sounds,but can't put the words together. The technician explained that if I let it go to long enough,eventually my brain would quit trying. I would lose even more.

I don' t know if it is good or bad, but men typically lose the higher frequency hearing (shooting does that) and women's voices are usually a higher frequency than men's. So once you get a good set of hearing aids,you can hear your wife and other women a lot better and even understand what they are bitching about.You don't want them to know this though.

Another feature is the new aids can operate with blue tooth. Once set with your phone,they act like a reciever and transmitter. The phone talk seems like it is inside your head

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles