I bought hearing aids at Costco about three or four years ago. Checked at a hearing aid place in Sierra Vista and they wanted $7,000.00. Paid $1,800.00 at Costco. I was satisfied with the service but not so much the hearing aids. They just didn't do what I expected them to do. Thought well that's the price you pay for going cheap. Things were louder but still couldn't hear or understand lots of things. They did connect to my phone so much easier to carry on a phone conversation.
Had them cleaned several times. Went back and they checked my hearing a couple times and readjusted the hearing aids. They were always service oriented and willing to help. Last time I went back we talked and they suggested several things. Changed some things about my hearing aids and I have been much happier with the hearing aids. I still can't understand a lot of what is said in movies on tv and can't understand anything about what they now call music.
They definitely take getting used to and there is a learning curve to hearing again. The same hearing aids are now $1,200.00 at Costco. Rechargeable hearing aids would be a no go for me. Mine always quit at the most inconvenient time. Change batteries and go on.