Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by MM879
Originally Posted by MM879
Originally Posted by HawkI
Originally Posted by hanco
I’ve been getting mine for two years. I pretend im a welfare recipient

I'm with ya, hanco. I think it will eventually be completely stolen, at gunpoint.

Payroll taxes are all essentially stolen at gunpoint, else we wouldn't be 25 gorillian in debt and still printing.

The gunpoint end should be at the other end at this stage, but getting ripped off 20 times and getting paid back with inflated currency sure makes everything taste better.

It's not like anyone is serious about paying anything back, down or sideways, so why the taxes? Just print money...

One method that the government uses is to offer SS at 62 years old. They save 25%. This is done while delaying eligibility to 67 years old. All this is going on while people are dying. The combination of all these programs saves them a lot of money.

Had I known the situation would turn into the dumpster fire it is today, I would have taken mine at 62.

I told my brother who is 60, get it the second you turn 62. He's in the process of retiring now, anyway.

I have re-visited the decision many times. For me it comes down to future cash flow, with health coming in a close second. The younger people with no pension who have to waite to 67 is a more difficult decision.

My brother's got plenty of dough. Advice was more along the line of get it while you can before these communists rewrite the rules and redistribute what he's paid in for the last 50 years. He too has worked his ass off all his life. He'll be up rubbing elbows with slum and rene soon. That'll be a picture. smile

When you can eat at Arbys or KFC any time you want, all bets are off. Your brother should pray for a SS buy out program. Instant cash would be a big gift.

Last edited by MM879; 03/25/21.