The amount of uphill & footing, muddy & slippery or frozen & solid can make a difference. I like having one or 2 young guys to help. Our basic group is 4 guys grows to 7 with 3 younger guys & more guys usually equals less success. Nice bull in mostly downhill snow one trip with 3 guys & a sled, Small cow shot at the same time 3 guys one trip not hard. Big bull 800+ Live was 4 man loads & a rented horse load. Average bull & big cow in very thick & steep climb took several hours with 4 guys to get out of that 1st canyon. First load to the bottom of the hill at 10:30 PM.

So of course the answer is it depends. Shot a nice cow at 11 yards only a few yards from a snow covered ATV trail. Buddy got his quad right up to her, had another cow die within 75 yards of the road in a fly area dragged her through the snow lifted her whole into the back of the truck with a come along. Only 2 whole elk out of 16 killed in 20 years.I’d be happy to get another one but iffy most places, public land, I hunt. Usually the oldest fattest guy at the top of the hill these days & 40 is young these days.