In another thread, a member here asked me if I could tell him which AR15's would shoot 1 moa or better. They seemed perplexed that an AR15 would shoot that well at 200 yards. In the other thread I started about upper and lower receivers, some guys in the know stated that accuracy mainly comes from the barrel. I'll agree. With an AR15, a good consistent shooting AR15 will generally have a quality barrel. I've had WOA, Noveske, Colt, Stag, and Windham Weaponry and they all shot pretty well. If you were going to build an AR to drive tacks, which barrel would you chose from your experience. Any of you guys getting sub moa groups from cheaper barrels? Also, how much are your top picks costing these days and are they in stock. If not, what is the general wait time? One that has treated me very well is the stainless 20" varmint exterminator barrel with matched bolt from Windham Weaponry. I've decided to go this route again for my new BCM, since the other 2 I have shoot very well. Lets see if the 3rd time is a charm. I like the profile on this barrel, as it is not heavy as hell (truck axle) and the 20" length is just right for my style of shooting. I love rifle length gas systems, as they are super smooth and easy to shoot. This barrel has the compass lake engineering chamber, which is said to help with accuracy and it's usually in stock. It's not cheap by any means at $340.00. That is my top pick, which is yours? Post some pictures of groups, if you want. Hopefully no one is going to bust balls about someone wanting a good shooting AR15.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA