Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
I just put an 18inch SPR BA barrel on my daughters AR that had a 1-9 twist 5.56 barrel. Went and shot it today put a 1-4 swfa scope on it. Shot some 77 smk out of it. I’m sure with a better trigger I can shrink the groups. But pretty happy with it, paid $189 for it at the lgs.

That's pretty good buddy. If it's a shooter, you can't beat that price. Now you realize, using 77 SMK's is like cheating though.. Ha ha..
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I bought these the last time I went to Winnemucca.. Not a bad deal..

Powder valley has 77 Sierra OTM right now. Along with 75gr hornady BTHP. I bought some hornady 75gr bthp with cannelure. I bought the 69 OTM month ago when powder valley had them in stock.

[Linked Image]

Scheels in Reno had a bunch of them last time I was there (February). They were a little spendy, but not as much as a local shop here wanted for them.

Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
Those 75 hornady shoot very very well out my 224 Valkyrie. I never shot any 10 shot groups but I shot a bunch of 5 shot groups and I use them instead of the 80 ELD-M that my daughter uses.

So do you guys dont shoot 10 or 20 shot groups in comp. I bought 1000 75gr hornadies last year when they were dirt cheap. I thought you had a load for them in your 223.

Well of course we shoot 20 shot strings in competition you silly goose. I’m talking about shooting your black rifle challenge I never shot that with mine or daughters Valkyrie. I do have one for the 75 hornady.

There's a good reason to shoot 10 shot groups. You get a better idea of a loads actual accuracy potential and better idea of actual zero. I don't just soot 10 shot groups though. Yesterday I was working on some loads for my old swedish mauser for our military rifle shoot. Just about got a secondary option ready for the shoot:
Either of these loads will suffice. Going up against guys running modified CMP M1's and Swiss K31's. The boys from Vancouver do well for themselves, lawyers and such, so laying down $4,000.00 for a built M1 Garand is nothing for them. We had a hell of a good bowling pin shoot today. Just getting back from that. I haven't shot my pistol since the last bowling pin shoot we had. Well over 8 months ago. Shooting guns is not always about 10 shot groups, but to me, its always about accuracy and how well you hit your target. I know there are a ton of guys that don't feel that way. I hear them every time I go to the range. Those guys must make a lot more money than I do because they shoot far more than I do and often times in full auto mode. I was taught about fundamentals of marksmanship from the time I was old enough to hold a gun. Guys that have a problem with that, need to get a life and learn how to shoot.. When they come to my club, they get a good education...

What I did last year far as load development was good enough for my daughter to get NRA Master designation for mid range prone AR tactical class.. This year hopefully she becomes a high master. I’m hoping to make Master. She shot well enough Rost said he like to work with her some.. the funny thing my kid only shoots during these matches.. She goes to the range every now and then to shoot with me..

That's awesome man. I had one of my daughters shooting with me as well. The first time she shot a couple of my AR's she impressed me. My boy is living in Scotland right now. He used to shoot trap with me a lot when he was young. One of my best memories was a fathers day shoot we went to and we walked away with $180.00 and prizes.

Scotland?? Wow I bet he’s having a great time!

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.