Originally Posted by Kenlguy
It can just be the luck of the draw. Case in point, I wanted a 204 done on the cheap so the barrel came from some unknown source for under $100. It will shoot half inch groups off the bags all day long with my one particular load.
Then I wanted to build an exceptionally accurate 204 so I paid over $350 for a Rainier barrel. It will shoot half inch or smaller groups off the bags with the same load.

I really can't complain about either one of them.

I may have just got lucky with my WW barrels as well. Nothing wrong with getting lucky every once in a while. The reason I'm asking about barrels is because I needed one for the receiver set I just bought (still waiting on back ground check) and also I've been playing around with a Ruger 10-22 and a good barrel makes a huge difference in getting consistent accuracy and reduction of flyers. Sometimes you get lucky with a bone stock factory barrel. Most times not, in my experience. Then you have your next step up and then you end with Kidd and Volquartsen. I decided to quit screwing around with sheidt and just buy a Kidd heavy fluted 20" matchgrade barrel. Couldn't be happier. Groups with all ammo I've tried are exceptional. Not just groups with 1 kind/type of ammo, but all. AR barrels are much the same in that regard. A good quality AR barrel shouldn't be finicky. I have a member sending me some 55gr and 62gr pills to try and I told him I'd shoot them through my 20" barrel and see how they do. I've always just used 68, 69, 73, 75 and 77gr pills in that barrel, but I'm expecting it to shoot the 55's and 62's lights out. Its never disappointed me with anything I've tried in it. That's the kind of barrel I'm wanting guys to write about. Let us know what the good ones are.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA